Saturday, May 28, 2011

Don't Sweat It!

     As my sophomore year comes to a sad close, I begin to think "All right.  I'm graduating in two years.  What in the world am I going to do with my life after high school?"
     This honestly isn't the first time I've thought about this.  Ever since my oldest sister started her senior year almost three years ago, I have been wanting to know where I'm going to college, what job I'm going to have as an adult, you know, all the things you do after high school.  I used to be almost anal about it.  Before I entered the eighth grade, I knew all that.  But now, two and a half years later, I'm clueless.  My plan was to go to Saint Cloud State University and major in Criminal Justice.  The more I grow up and as life goes on, I've grown out of that.  All my friends know where they're going to college and what they're majoring in and they think they've got life figured out until they die in sixty-some years.  When I told my mom that I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, she told me this: "Honey, don't sweat it. You're a bright, young, fifteen-year-old girl.  You've got a whole two years to figure it out.  In that time, you'll experience new things, learn lots, and I'm sure by the time you reach the point where you start applying to college, you'll have it figured out."
     I took this to heart.  And then I decided, she's right!  I can't go around at fifteen being paranoid and a worrywart about what I'm going to do with my life!  I'm young.  I have lots of time to figure it out.  For now, I'm going to enjoy the last two years of high school with all my might and just live. 
     I learned a life lesson out of this: You don't always have to know what's next.  Sometimes, it really is okay to just go with the flow!  God will lead where He wishes you to be at the right time.  Let Him help you with your life decisions because God has a plan for me and each and every one of us here on Earth.
    Peace, blessings, and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment